Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Our trip to Orange Beach June 2009

We just got back from Haley's first trip to the beach. We went with some of my sorority sisters. One of them brought her little girl, Ellie, who is 11 months old. Haley had such a great time playing with all of the girls and sleeping on the beach. She got to put her feet in a pool for the first time, get sand between her toes, and put her feet in the ocean. It was so nice to see all of my friends, but it's a little bitter sweet since it was a reminder of what I'm going to miss since I will be working every weekend. This was my last "hurrah" because I start work on Saturday. I'm really dreading it. Here are pictures of our trip.


Here we are getting ready to head to the pool on the first day.



With her Aunt Erin or "Eh Eh".



Putting her feet in the pool for the first time. I didn't know it, but she was asleep when I did this and she woke up crying. Oops.









At first, I tried to bathe her in the bathroom sink, but it was way too small.



We moved on to the kitchen sink. It worked, but was still a little small.



This is what she liked to do the most when on the beach.



This is her after a long, exhausting day on the beach.



Here she is with Ellie. She loved playing with another baby.



Here she is at dinner, playing with her aunts.



Ellie was so sweet to share her toys with Haley. Haley was mesmerized with the See-n-Say.



She absolutely LOVED these flowers that lit up and played music.











Putting her feet in the sand and ocean for the first time. She seemed to like it. She had been fussy, but this calmed her right down. It must have seemed like a giant bathtub to her.

This is what she did in the car on the way home. She is smiling at the toy hanging from her carseat. She loves toys that have a smile on their face. She always smiles right back at them.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Looks like you girls had fun!! Haley's smile is so cute!