Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two months old

Haley is two months old today. It is so amazing how fast she has grown and all of the new things she can do. In the last month, she has started smiling, laughing, cooing, putting her hand in her mouth and really focuses on our faces more. We have a fun time letting her stand on our bellies. She is so strong that she almost does it without any support. She loves doing it and makes the cutest face of concentration when she is up there. Last night, she slept for 6 hours straight for the first time. Of course, I didn't go to sleep when she did, so I only slept for three hours of that. I have a feeling it was a fluke, but maybe she is starting something new. It sure would be nice to sleep more than three hours at a time.

We went to the pediatrician today and she was weighed, checked out, and received her first shots. The shots were traumatic for the both of us. We both cried. She checked out well and everything looks good. She is now 11 pounds 7 ounces which is the 50th percentile for weight and she is 24 1/4 inches which is the 95th percentile for height! I'm so proud of her. She is such a big girl.



Here are pictures from today. She went through several emotional phases today as you will see.


Those three were before the shots. She was so cute and didn't suspect a thing. I felt so guilty because I knew what was coming.












These two were after the shots. She turned purple during the shots because she was so mad. Even though I give shots to babies for a living, I still had the hardest time seeing her go through it. I know it's for her own good though, but she doesn't understand that yet.

Then, when we got back home, she was acting too cute...for a while. She later had a huge melt down and cried like I've never seen before. A little baby Tylenol made it all better though.

She has only been pooping once a week, so when she does finally go, it's a doozy. This is her face while she is pooping.




Here she is sticking out her tongue. I have managed to teach her to do this because I wanted to see if her thrush was getting better. She always laughs when I do it and she tries and tries to do it herself. She finally did it!!

These are her two month pictures.

This is her most precious frown. She does this when she is about to melt down and we think it's the cutest thing.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

oh my why is she growing up so fast! I need to see her again ASAP, not to mention my two would love a playmate! Come see us and bring that precious angel! We love that smile!