Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mmm Oatmeal!

Last week, we attempted to give Haley oatmeal. I was so excited and kept telling her how much fun we were about to have. We put her bib on, strapped her in the highchair, handed her the silver spoon, and all stood around with great anticipation. I mixed the oatmeal by the instructions on the box for the first feed. It ended up being really runny, but I didn't want her to choke, so I left it that way. This is how it went:



It looks like she will love it...



...but it didn't work out that way.

It ended up running all down her chin (which I know will happen, but it was so runny).




She pretty much hated it. She made the worst faces, spit it out, and cried. We didn't force her to do it, but tried several times.

This is the next day. It went a little better and I made the consistency a lot thicker:


She thought she would try something new - eating with her feet.

Messy face!

Here she is in her umbrella stroller being pushed around the house. She's so happy. I love this smiley face that she makes.


We are going to keep doing oatmeal until she is about 6 months. Then we will start doing vegetables and then fruits. Right now, I'm just trying to get her used to the whole solid thing. We'll see...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Glad she liked it a little better the second day :-) She's just so cute!

The Skippers said...

It seemed like she really liked it the second time around. It was much easier with the oatmeal for us too. She eats it for breakfast every day and has rice cereal for dinner. Are you going to make your own baby food? I have been looking at doing it. Just wondering. Haley has the cutest smile!