Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Still catching up

August (so far)

She is changing so much, literally, every day. One day, she wasn't rolling at all. The next day, she rolled over twice in our bed, which is soft and therefore easier for her to get over her shoulder. Then the next day, she was rolling every five minutes on the hard floor. I'm so amazed at how fast things change. Right now, she is only consistently rolling from her back to her tummy. You may remember that her first roll over was from tummy to back, but she hasn't mastered that yet. She has started to babble a lot. It started with her just "talking" herself to sleep, and then she started doing it more and more mostly when she got sleepy. Next to her laughing, this is the best noise in the world to me. I've tried to capture it on video, but only got a little bit (see below). Recently, she started to do the cutest "wet razzing" sound as one of my books calls it. She puts her lips tightly together and blows with all of the drool. It makes me laugh every time. We plan on starting her on oatmeal this Tuesday. I've already bought all of the stuff and set up her highchair in preparation. I can't wait to move on to this next step.

Talking/fussing herself to sleep one night before bed (I taped the sound on the monitor).

Pool time:

This was her first time in the pool. She wasn't overly thrilled, but I think she had a good time. She probably would have fallen asleep if we would have let her. I bought her a floaty thing, but the YMCA won't let you use it in their pool. Oh well, we'll just have to find another pool then.


Watching daddy blow bubbles. What fun!

Lately she has been sucking in her bottom lip and sucking on it. It's so adorable.



It's like she's saying "Oh mom, you're embarrassing me."


She was getting very sleepy and her little fingers and toes looked like raisins so we decided to get out.

She was exhausted afterwards.



Testing out the highchair:


I think she likes it.


She looks so tiny in the big chair.


Mouth open, ready to eat!



Fun bath time:



Rolling over!


THE END!


(She's going to kill me for that one day, but I can't resist those dimples.)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

hehe... what a cute little bottom :-) She has the biggest, happiest smile - it must melt your heart!!!

The Skippers said...

What a cute smile! She is so sweet. I hate you can't use a float in the pool. I think that made Lucy like it even more. Plus we got tired of holding her. Good luck with the oatmeal. Lucy liked it a lot better than the rice cereal. We do it in the mornings now. I can't wait until they meet eachother!

Suzanne said...

ADORABLE! And she has a birthday coming up.... we cant wait to see ya'll!