Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Who is this Santa guy?

Haley got to sit in Santa's lap for the first time. She did really well and they got this picture on just the second try. I hear that most kids do well the first time but are scared after the first year. So, next year may be more challenging. I'm happy with this one though. She tolerated him for a while, and then was ready to come back to us. It was a great experience and the Santa at Brookwood Mall was a very nice guy.








Today, she said "da da" for the first time. She has been doing a lot of babbling for a while now, but usually it's just "ha" type sounds. She finally said da da to the great excitement of her daddy. He is very proud of her and himself. He has been trying to teach her to say it since she was born. I'm incredibly proud too though. It's so amazing to hear. I know the "ma ma" will come soon enough and then I may wish for it to stop. I'm in no hurry. She still wants me to hold her all the time, so that's enough for me. I also was finally able to feel her first teeth today. The two bottom ones have finally broken through. She has been trying to cut them for a while now and finally after 8 months, they are here.



Here she is saying "da da" to her Humpty Dumpty book. Needless to say, I don't think she quite understands what she is saying yet.

4 comments:

M. Congleton said...

What a great picture with Santa. I can't wait to see how Emory does.

Mom&Dad said...

so is she thinking Da-da looks like Humpty Dumpty? Just curious.... :)

Lindsay said...

yay for Santa pictures!!! and for the beginnings of talking :-) Christmas is going to be so fun for you guys this year!!!!

The Skippers said...

She looks so cute with Santa! I've heard that if they say da-da firs that means you are having a boy next. Just saying...