Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lots of updates and catching up

I could not be more behind. Haley is keeping me so busy that it's all I can do to get the housework done each week. I'm just going to post lots of pictures and videos and mostly update that way.

I do want to give a quick update of what she is doing. In the three weeks, she has gone from barely getting up on her knees and barely sitting by herself to full on crawling and totally sitting unassisted. Once she mastered these things, she has taken off! She crawls all over the house now. She can easily go from crawling to sitting and back. She is pulling up on everything (mostly to her knees) and bumping her head a lot in the process. She is really finding her balance on her knees. Just today, she pulled herself up to standing without any assistance and stayed that way for probably two minutes before getting tired. She has really come so fast in the last few weeks. I just hope it doesn't mean that she is going to be walking soon. I'm really not ready for that.

She is eating everything I put in front of her. She loves food now. I just needed to be patient (which as most of you know, is very hard for me). She loves carrots, bananas and yogurt the best. She even loves her oatmeal now. I'm still making most of her food myself which is a ton of fun. I like "cooking" for her. I wish I could like cooking for Scott and myself just as much :).

She is sleeping well. She doesn't really like to nap because she is so busy practicing all of her new tricks. She does go to sleep pretty easily at night, though and sleeps most of the night if not all night.

She is WONDERFUL and I could not ask for a better, happier baby. I love her so much and so far, this is my favorite age. I can imagine that it will only get better.

We went to Memphis in mid October for a family reunion. Haley finally got to meet her great aunts and great uncle. We had such a good time!


Being adorable!



With her cousins Murphy and Madden Culpepper

She turned 7 months old in October

We went to pick out pumpkins for Halloween.

She was so very tired and at this point, couldn't sit up very well.

Hating her Halloween costume. It was really hot outside.


October 30, 2009. Sitting finally, but not yet crawling.


Her first bath in the big tub.

She first did this on November 5, 2009. Now she can't stop pulling up on things.

Up to knees (Nov. 5)

Crawling away (Nov. 5). She really started crawling on Nov. 3. Please excuse the ugly pants. They are her emergency pants that I had to put on earlier in the day and just never took off.

Pulling up on the coffee table. Nov. 7

Pulling up on highchair. Nov. 11

Playing with her reflection in the dishwasher.

The first time pulling herself up to standing without help. Nov. 11, 2009


October 12, 2009 - Barely getting on knees


November 5, 2009 - Crawling and sitting

November 11, 2009 - Standing unassisted

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Bring her back!!! We miss her and she is growing up too fast!! JUST PRECIOUS!

Lindsay said...

Yay Haley!!! She's got the hang of the crawling it looks like... so funny watching the video of her crawling after the cat :-)

The Skippers said...

Can you believe how fast things get moving! SHe is so cute crawling. I think she likes the cat. Can't wait for what's next.