Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Almost there! (possible video overload)

I apologize for all of the videos, but we have had a great week and I have been able to catch some of it on video.

Most importantly, Haley is finally starting to walk a lot more. I would say that starting today, she has started walking 1/3 of the time. I have a silly idea in my head that she must be walking by her first birthday (in less than 3 weeks). I know I'm ridiculous to have such a "plan", but it those of you who know me well know that I always try to plan everything. I'm not at all spontaneous. Having her walk by her birthday would be so nice for several reasons: it will be outside, she will be in a dress (I worry about her knees), and the pictures will be cuter. How silly is that? I know! I just have it set in my mind that this MUST happen. So, the countdown is on. I really think it can happen by then with her walking as much as she has today. Sadly, though, I'm afraid that I will eat my words once it finally happens. I really think that it will open up a whole new world for us for her to be walking. Right now, she can't have as much fun outside while crawling (like at the park or our backyard). She has to be in old pants that can be dirty or worn and old shoes that can get scuffed. She can't wear dresses without getting tripped up on them when crawling. OK, enough of my reasoning. Here is the video!

Please excuse the fact that she is in her Christmas pajamas in March. I promise that we have tons of PJs, but these still fit and Scott just happened to pull them out tonight even though I put them in the "to go in the attic drawer". I guess it will always make for a funny story.

Here she is doing her "Indian" (that is not at all PC, but that's what we called it when I was a kid). I didn't really capture it tonight, but she normally has a blast doing this.

Here she is having fun with her ball popper. She gets such a kick out of it. She can now put balls back in it after they have "popped" out. She can sometimes push the lever to make it start, but most of the time needs help. She just gets so excited when it starts up which is the best part for us both.

5 comments:

The Skippers said...

She is really on the move! I bet she will be really walking by her birthday. Then it is all over. j/k Lucy loves the ball popper too. She always puts things that don't belong in it. She is precious!

M. Congleton said...

WHat a cutie!
it is a whole new world when they start walking, but it's fun!
I don't think EMory has any desire to walk anytime soon. She freaks out when she when let go of her to stand alone! Christiain was running around by 11 months, but I doubt Emory will be doing that!
I miss seeing ya'll! Maybe next Tuesday???

Kelley said...

Such a big girl!! So glad that you guys were back at M&M yesterday!

Lindsay said...

great videos!!!! love the walking one :-) can't wait to see her in action at her birthday!

Mary Michael said...

So cute! I was cracking up at the Christmas pajamas. What is it with the dads and dressing the babies. Ash still puts Lucy in her xmas p.j's for the same reason!! :)