Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Destin trip

This past week, Haley and I got the opportunity to go to Destin with my dad, my brother, my step mom and her family. We stayed in an amazing house with a beautiful beach. We had such a great time going to the beach and hanging out with family. Haley probably could have done without the beach part, but she loved all of the people. Every time we went out on the beach, she got hot, thought it was too bright, and for some reason, instantly got tired. She did a lot of sleeping on the beach after putting up an amazing fight to get to sleep. I tried to put her feet in the ocean a few times and she sort of tolerated it. I think it was a little cold for her at first and she got upset before she got used to it. It sure was beautiful though.


The house we had the privilege of staying in.

Lots of sleeping.

Fighting sleep.

Hanging out after waking up.


Happy for a few moments.


Loving her cousin Murphy!! He was so entertaining. She had such a good time with her cousins.

Having some fun with her Pop.

We did discover that she LOVED the pool. She was actually swimming with her arms and legs. She laughed so much and just had the best time. That is until I let her get too close to the water and she dunked her face. It was over after that. We had to go home and nap. I felt terrible, and of course, it was all on video.

Playing with her cousin Madden (with her mom and my cousin Suzanne).

On our last day, Haley got to hang out at the house with her Mimi and went swimming again in the pool. I got a chance to go with my dad and brother on a deep sea fishing trip. We had a fantastic time even though it was blazing hot. I actually caught some fish but had to throw both of them back.

We saw tons of dolphins. It was great until they started eating all of the fish everyone was catching before they could be reeled in.

The first fish I caught. It's a trigger fish. It was too small for the regulations, so it had to go back.

The second fish I caught. It was a red snapper. They are out of season, so it had to be thrown back too.

1 comment:

suzannemculpepper said...

our little olympian! We cant wait to see her!!!