Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

The short journey of the infant car seat

Haley has now outgrown her infant car seat. The limits are 22 lbs and 29 inches. While she could still be in it for a while to come weight-wise, she has outgrown it in length. So, I did tons of research and lots of asking around and finally made a decision. I got a great deal on diapers.com and ended up with two high end car seats for the just a bit more than I would have paid for one at BabiesRUs. The fabric was not what I would have picked normally, but this one was on closeout, so I couldn't resist. Plus I got a discount and free shipping. I was so excited. We have yet to try them in our cars, but I'm confident that they will work (we will make them work).

I feel like she has not been in the infant seat for very long. Ten months is nothing in the grand scheme. I have always heard that you want to keep them in the infant seat for as long as possible because you can carry them around more easily and if they are asleep, you can transfer them more easily. However, Haley has stayed asleep in her seat probably 10 times or less since she has been born. She always wakes up when we open the car doors, no matter how hard we try to be quiet. There have been several times when I have so carefully carried her into the house only to find her wide awake once we got inside. So, that part doesn't really affect us. I think this will not be a terrible transition for us and I look forward to her moving up in the world.

So, here is Haley's car seat journey so far...

One of the first pictures in her infant seat. April 2009 (1 week old).

The last picture in the infant seat. December 2009 (9 months old).

Her new big girl seat. She seems so small. January 2009 (9 1/2 months old).


I didn't get a picture, but each time we put her in it, she immediately started rubbing her eyes like she was exhausted. Hopefully that's a good sign :).

Of course, she found the tag and loved it. I hate to remove it.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

This fabric will be great for spot and spills-- I bet that it won't show at all! And Hudson was the same way with the bucket seat, but in his big boy carseat, we can unbuckle him and carry him in and him stay asleep-- maybe it will work for you too!

Lindsay said...

What a great deal!!! Ansley's will fit until she's 30 inches... Although that might last a while unless she jumps out of the 10% height... hehe! We're thinking she will be doing some catch up growing!

Alli and Korey said...

Eli out grew his in only 7 months and I remeber thinking the same thing. I did not get my moneys worth out of that baby item! At least I can use it again now on the next baby!
Britex are the best/safest car seats out there ... worth the money! And this one you will actually use for YEARS not just months ; )

Alli and Korey said...

PS. Glad I found your blog!