Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Haley's Ladybug Party!

We threw Haley a 1st birthday party this past Saturday. We went with a ladybug theme because her favorite book has always been Ten Little Ladybugs. I may have gone a little overboard with the black and red, but it was fun and how many 1st birthday parties does a little girl have? We had a great time and I can't thank everyone enough for coming and for all of the help. I had over 300 pictures, so I figured out how to make collages so that I could post more pics at one time.

The invitation:



The sign on the front door:

Decorations:

We served hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad, coleslaw, beans and all of this:

The guests:

Haley playing with her precious, 3 month old cousin, Ansley.

Playing in her ball pit.

We found a real ladybug for her to play with.

Showing off her wonderful new walking skills:

Mini photo shoot:

Time to open presents. She got the most wonderful and thoughtful gifts.

Family shot

The cake!! She was very dainty and didn't dig in like we hoped she might.

She HATED her birthday hat!

Playtime after her bath to wash off all of the cake.

Here she is with my Grandfather who turned 92 that day.

Playing in her cozy coupe that her Gigi and Da Daddy gave her. She loved it.


This was my favorite pic of the day (even though it's blurry). It looks like she's dancing!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great post!! Such a perfect party! And you got some great photos to remember the day! Oh and I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog!

M. Congleton said...

OMG!!!!!!!1
Okay....you get the 'Most-Attention-To-Detail" award! What a fun lady bug birthday! It's hard to stop buying cute party stuff isn't it! I've been trying to plan Emory's and already have spent way to much!

Suzanne said...

THat is the cutest thing EVER!!! I love it-all of the pictures are precious!!! Now come plan Maddens!

Sara Walker said...

Cute party! Great pics!