Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Haley's 1/2 birthday

Yesterday was Haley's 6 month birthday. I took her monthly pictures and got some cute ones, but she was so tired that it was hard to get her to smile. Here are some of my favorites.

She was not really that excited about having her picture taken this morning.

She, of course, had to try to eat the sticker. EVERYTHING has to be put in her mouth these days.

I had to get a funny face!

This is her new Auburn cheerleader outfit. It's a bit big, but I want her to wear it some before it gets too cold.

I got cancelled from work, so I decided it was time to try my hand at making some baby food for Haley. I did peas, sweet potato, and squash. The peas were super hard and time consuming. I don't know that I'll be doing those again unless someone has some good hints on them. Sweet potatoes were a little easier, and squash was the easiest. I think I'll start feeding her peas first this coming Monday. I made a little of each and will freeze it until I'm ready to use it.

My pea mess.

The whole mess of dishes (not too bad).

Well, this was all I got out of my first attempt. I learned a lot, though, and will continue to work on it once I get some hints from fellow baby food makers. I only hope Haley will like it all because I invested a lot of time into it.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

yay!!! Happy 1/2 birthday to Haley!!! I want to make our own baby food too!

The Skippers said...

She looks so cute. I loved her professional pictures too! They turned out great. I hope that you had a good experience too. I have a friend here whose baby does the same thing when he eats. He make himself throw up. Her doctor told her that he had a texture issue and has recommended a speech therapist to help with the eating. I don't know if that helps any. The food looks good by the way! So much time for such a little bit!