Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Shoes!

Ahh, the lazy days of summer are almost over, but the fun days of fall are on the way. We are really looking forward to Auburn games, Halloween, and the holiday season. For Halloween, I want to dress Haley in a lamb costume, but Scott wants to dress her up like Mini Me from the Austin Powers movies. This should be interesting since I will be at work that night. Scott will be able to do what he wants. We'll see how it goes. Regardless, I love seeing Haley experience new things and these will all be fun.


We are still working on the solid food thing. It's still not going as well as I as I would like. I have tried avocado, which was a failure, and mixing banana with the oatmeal, which also didn't work. So, I'm just trying a little oatmeal each day and hoping that one day she will realize that she loves it.


As for sleeping, she is doing great! We had a short period where she started waking up once during the night, but that only lasted a little more than a week. Now she sleeps from around 8pm to about 6:30am. Boy is it nice to get so much sleep!


Here are some of our latest pictures:


Here she is at her grandmother's house. She loves this bathtub that makes a great baby pool. It's like she's saying: "Ahh, so refreshing!"

This is her old man face.

I'm trying to teach her to be tech savvy.


Scott and his mom took Haley to swim in an indoor pool a few weekends ago. She got to use her float and they said she loved it! I knew she would.


Her Mimi sent her a present. It was a couple of sleepers that I loved (and she will too one day). Haley's favorite part, however, was the tissue paper that came with them. She had so much fun with it. She also loves to go with me to get the mail because I let her have all of the junk mail to play with. That entertains her for a few minutes everyday.


Then she showed off her flexibility! This is one of my favorite new tricks that she does. She loves to suck on her right foot. It's the first thing she does everyday.


Somehow, Haley put this on her head (with daddy's help I think), but she had such a great time and laughed a ton.

I've been really bad about putting things on her feet because it's been hot and her feet get so sweaty, but I finally tried these shoes on and they fit! I've had these shoes for a while (a gift my aunt Cissy), but they were always too big. I can't believe that her little feet are already big enough. I really felt like they weren't growing (crazy, huh).

We went to visit daddy for his Labor Day lunch at work. She got to sit at his desk and help him work. All of daddy's coworkers loved having her there. Hopefully, she brought him some luck selling that day.


Here is a video that I took last night. She had already taken her nightly bottle, but wasn't quite ready to sleep. I put her in her swing and she started getting sleepy. She started talking to herself to fight sleep. She was doing this a while back, but stopped. I'm so glad she has started back because it is so cute!

No comments: