Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Squash wasn't the answer...

Well on Monday, we tried the pureed squash that I made this past weekend. It started out really well and she took several bites even seeming to like it. Then after a few bites, she started to close her mouth and wouldn't let me put any in. Then she started gagging and spitting it out. That led to her screaming instead of eating. I was so hopeful that this would go better than the oatmeal has been going. Now we are stuck with squash because you have to wait four days after introducing it to make sure there aren't any allergies to it.

So Tuesday, I tried the same thing hoping that she just needed to get used to it. No such luck. She barely took any before she started gagging and trying to throw it all up. Then started screaming.

Today (Wednesday), I broke down and bought some baby food squash from the store. I thought maybe, just maybe, she would like it better. Well, it smelled terrible and I couldn't really blame her when she didn't like it. She did take a few bites though. I'll try one more day before we move on to something else.



Right after her first bite of squash.


Not really liking it and starting to close her lips.


She decided she hates it.

She pretty much refused it after that.

Here she is after we tried the store bought stuff. I think she was wearing more than she took in.

Here are some pics of her with her daddy. She adores her daddy. It's so much fun to watch them together. He makes everything better. Where is he when I'm trying to feed her squash? Well, at the gym, of course.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

my mom said that i never ate baby food... breastfeeding straight to solid foods. I didn't want any of that mushy stuff apparently. Good luck with the feeding!!!